activities and links
- When NVQS was still an unborn idea, Fran (KM1Z) and Brian (N1BQ) went down to the border where the Appalachian Trail crosses from Vermont to New Hampshire near Dartmouth College and set up a 40 meter station for the Appalachian Trail Awards system. Pictures, story, and log of our effort is are here.
- NVQS was active in freezing your butt off (FYBO) in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
- NVQS was active in ARRL's annual Field Day in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- brian, n1bq hiked up Mount Mansfield and operated QRP portable from Butler Lodge
- dennis, k1lgq, and brian, n1bq, hiked the Long Trail up near Jay Peak to do some geocaching and QRP portable
- a local tradition, started by one of our founders, Bob (WE1U) is Friday night dinner in Colchester (VT) at "The Hoagie Hut" and then off to Dan's (N1FYL) for solder smoke. Picture of the gang at Dan's; John (N1???), Mo (N1ZBH), Paul (AA1SU), Dan(N1FYL), Jay (KK1J). Picture by N1BQ.
- Girl Guides on the Air (GOTA/TDOTA) saw four Girl Scouts and their leader at N1BQ's hamshack on 16 Feb 2001. Picture of 11 year old Samantha talking to a Canadian Girl Guide at VE7RCN.
- the QRPForum at the RANV Milton(VT) Hamfest and Vermont State ARRL Convention has become a traditionally highly attended session. It is held each year on the last Saturday in February.
- April 28, 2001 the QRPTTF event by NorCal, N1BQ operated from the future NVQS Field day site in the shadow of Mt. Mansfield. Fran, KM1Z, operated from Leddy Park, in Burlington, VT.
- N1BQ's NJQRP/AmQRP Serial Sender Project.
- Speaking of FYBO, Randy Foltz, K7TQ, has chronicaled his nine years of FYBO.
- contact the webmaster, N1BQ
- visitor #